Another particularly harsh winter is coming to an end. As the snow melts and the sun starts to shine again if you’re considering selling your home, spring is the perfect time to do it! Here are just a few reasons why:
- After months of cold and darkness people are starting to emerge from their homes for the warmer weather and fresh air. The more people that are out and about, the more likely it is that they will see your home and come in for an open house! Not to mention that you won’t have to worry about people walking through your house with snow covered boots.
- If people didn’t already know what was wrong with their current house, you can bet that long months spent stuck inside has them ready for a change. A perfect solution to winter “cabin fever” is a change in scenery. This is your chance to show them that your home and neighborhood are what they have been looking for.
- The warmer weather means better weather, longer days, greener grass, and blooming flowers. Selling your home in the spring takes advantage of the fact that everything looks new and clean again, especially compared to the long gray months of winter.
- In addition to having been cooped up with the kids for the past few months, many parents choose to switch houses in the spring to make sure their children aren’t changing school districts in the middle of the year. You can capitalize on this by ensuring that your home is on the market and inviting for families.
- There’s a reason “For Sale” signs pop up every year with the daffodils. Spring is the busiest season in the real estate market. As more and more people are out looking and buying homes the average prices start moving up after having bottomed out in the winter months.
The spring season is also the season for taxes. While this makes most people cringe, it means that a lot of people have just received refund checks and are ready to put that money towards a new home.
Spring is the perfect season to take advantage of the warmer weather, open your windows and let in some fresh air, dust off some of the cobwebs from the winter, and get your home on the market!